Smith Road will be closed due to construction work being done starting tomorrow 7/26/16 thru 8/5/16 between the hours of 7:30am and 3:30pm (nights and weekends road will be open). In case of emergency during the hours of road closure property #6 will be accessible from Route 207 all other properties will be accessible from Goshen Hill Rd.
Come to the Lebanon Farmers Market, Saturday, July 30th from 9 am - noon in front of Town Hall.
The Summer Dancefest has been re-scheduled to Saturday, August 27th from 4 - 10 pm. Fireworks at night!
History of Lebanon, CT
How Lebanon Got Its Name
The stands of white cedar in Cedar Swamp in the Goshen section of town reminded the Rev James Fitch of the Biblical cedars of Lebanon, which were used to build King Solomon's Temple. The Biblical Lebanon was a mountain with groves of tall cedars and the words 'cedar' and 'Lebanon' are closely identified with the Bible. Although the North American white cedar is not the same species as the true cedar of Lebanon, it was a fitting association for Puritans to make. Thus Fitch gave the name of Lebanon to the new plantation when settlement began. The General Court confirmed the name in 1697. Lebanon was the first town in the colony to receive a Biblical name.
Source: Alicia Wayland, Remembering Lebanon, 1700-2000 (2000), 3.