Enhancing the Lives of Lebanon Seniors
Meet new friends and enjoy this beautiful facility
and the programs that are offered.
Log on to the internet and stay in touch with friends and family.
We will even teach you how!!
Drop in and take part in the fun or have a free health screening.
Many services and programs are free.
Join us for lunch on Tuesdays and Fun Nights on Fridays.
Or just relax in a quiet corner and read a book from our library.
See website calendar for times and details
or call the Senior Center at 642-3040.
Come join us for one of our fun programs:
Exercise Class, Yoga, Line Dancing, Computer Class
Play Bingo, Setback, Pool, or Poke
FROM THE CONNECTICUT WATER COMPANY
(Click here for more information)
FREE AARP 2013 INCOME TAX PREPARATION AT THE LEBANON SENIOR CENTER
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
February 14th & 28th, March 14th & 28th
9am - 1pm
Please call 860-642-3040 for an appointment
The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program offers free tax help for taxpayers with low- to moderate-income with special attention to those age 60 and older. Certified volunteers receive training sponsored by AARP and the IRS, and will be at the Lebanon Senior Center again this year to help prepare basic Federal and State tax returns. In addition to free tax return preparation assistance, the program also offers free electronic filing (e-filing). Individuals taking advantage of the e-file program will receive their refunds in half the time compared to returns filed on paper – even faster when tax refunds are deposited directly into one's bank account.
Sign-up sheets will be available in January for appointments in February and March. Items to bring to the Senior Center in order to have your tax return prepared are as follows:
- Proof of identification
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns with back up materials
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
- SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social Security benefits
- Other 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, etc)
- All other income and expense statements
- Documentation showing date and original purchase price of sold assets
- Documentation if you are itemizing deductions
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit
To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
Upcoming Meetings & Events
(next 90 days)